The main part starts here.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government recognizes the importance of protecting personal information and is committed to appropriately managing personal data obtained in the course of providing services for the "Inter-regional Economic Exchange Program".
1.Controller of Personal Data
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government serves as the controller of personal data.
2.Types of Personal Data Obtained
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government obtains and processes all or some of the personal data listed below.
- (i)The personal data obtained when users contact the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
The personal data provided by users when using the "Contact Us" page on the website
- (ii)The personal data obtained when users use services provided by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (both online and offline)
The personal data provided by users when using services provided by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- (iii)Survey information
The personal data contained in responses to surveys conducted for research purposes by (i) the Tokyo Metropolitan Government or (ii) third parties to which the Tokyo Metropolitan Government has outsourced such projects
- (iv)Communications logs
Communication logs recorded when users make use of the contact information provided on the website
- (v)Information obtained via using this website
Information obtained when users access the website, information obtained from cookies or other tracking technologies
- (i)The personal data obtained when users contact the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Below are examples of the personal data we obtain through the methods listed above.
- Your name
- Your company name and job title
- Your zip code, address, phone number, and fax number
- Your e-mail address
- Other information necessary to provide services
3.Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government uses your personal data for the following purposes and only to the extent necessary to achieve these purposes.
- To communicate with users or to provide information to users
- To provide and operate services, events, seminars, and other activities for which users apply to participate
- To conduct surveys regarding services, events, seminars, and other activities in which users have participated, and to track the results of such activities
- To match users with companies that they want to contact
- To achieve other purposes specified when a user’s personal data is obtained
4.Legitimate Interests for Processing Your Personal Data
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Data Protection Regulations"), the Tokyo Metropolitan Government protects your personal data by processing such data only to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes laid out in Section 3. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government processes your personal data based on one of the following legitimate interests.
Where users have given consent for their personal data to be processed
- Performance of a contract
Where processing is necessary for (i) the performance of a contract to which users are party or (ii) in order to take steps at the request of users prior to entering into a contract
- Legal obligation
Where processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is subject
- Protection of human life
Where processing is necessary to protect the interests of users or of third parties as they relate to the preservation of human life
- Public interest
Where processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
5.Sharing of Your Personal Data as Needed to Provide Services
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government may share your personal data with third parties. In such cases, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government requires your personal data be processed in accordance with a contract that stipulates that (i) your personal data be protected, (ii) your personal data be processed in compliance with Data Protection Regulations, and (iii) your personal data only be processed in a manner that follows instructions given by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
When the Tokyo Metropolitan Government entrusts third parties (including sub-contractors) with tasks related to the management and operation of this website or the planning and operation of events and the processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance of such tasks
- Companies or other affiliated organizations from which the Tokyo Metropolitan Government receives support or collaborates with in order to carry out relevant tasks
When users consent to the provision of their personal data to small and medium-sized businesses as well as other affiliated organizations from which the Tokyo Metropolitan Government receives support or collaborates with in order to carry out relevant tasks
- Parties (lecturers, etc.) related to services, events, seminars, and other activities for which users apply to participate
When it is necessary for parties (seminar lecturers, the organization to which such lecturers belong, etc.), which are related to services, events, seminars, and other activities for which users apply to participate, to process personal data in the course of conducting such services, events, seminars, and other activities
6.Retaining and Transfer of Your Personal Data
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government is located in Japan, and in principle, third parties as described in Section 5 that process your personal data are also located in Japan, the EEA, or the United Kingdom. Japan has received an adequacy decision from the European Commission for the protection of personal data. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government complies with the requirements set forth by Data Protection Regulations, including the Japan-EU adequacy decision and relevant Japanese laws and regulations, when providing personal data to third parties. When transferring your personal data to regions outside of the EEA that have not received an adequacy decision from the European Commission, we clearly state the legitimate interests for doing so. If you would like to know more about where your personal data is retained or transferred, you can get in touch with us using the contact information provided in Section 17.
7.Period that Your Personal Data is Retained
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government retains personal data collected from users while services are rendered to them. Once a service provision period ends, we delete the relevant personal data.
8.Requests Pertaining to the Processing of Your Personal Data
You are afforded the following rights regarding your personal data retained by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- The right to obtain confirmation regarding whether or not data collected by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is being processed and, if it is, the right to access said data (by exercising this right, you can receive a copy of your personal data)
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate data collected/processed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- The right to request the erasure of data collected/processed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- The right to request that restrictions be placed on the processing of data collected/processed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- The right to object to the processing of data collected/processed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- The right to withdraw consent when personal data is processed based on the consent of users (however, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government will continue to process the personal data of users if we have other legitimate interests for doing so)
- The right to request data portability regarding the data collected/processed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
You can exercise your rights by reaching out to us using the contact information provided in Section 17. If you are dissatisfied with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s response to your request, or if you believe that your personal data is being mishandled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The processing of information on external websites linked from this website is the responsibility of each respective organization to which the external link can be attributed.
10.Source of Personal Data Obtained
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government obtains personal data directly from users.
12.Disclosures for the Purpose of Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government may be required to disclose your personal data if legally required to do so or in response to legitimate requests from public authorities (such as courts or government agencies).
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government may disclose your personal data in the event that we, in good faith, believe that doing so is necessary for the following purposes.
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or assets of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- To prevent or investigate illegal activities related to the services provided on this website
- To protect the life or physical safety of users of this website or third parties
- To protect the users of services provided on this website against legal liability
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government takes appropriate organizational and technical security measures to prevent the unauthorized use, the loss, or the alteration of personal data in order to protect your personal data through commercially acceptable methods.
15.Links to Other Websites
This website may include links to other sites not operated by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government. When you click on a third party link, you will be directed to a third party website. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government encourages you to review the privacy policies of all websites that you visit.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party website or service.
17.How to Contact Us